Friday, May 15, 2015

Travel Project Update and Spring Frolic Finish

I took three projects on our three day trip, but we were so busy I didn’t have much time to work on them.

I didn’t work on the cross stitch dragonfly at all and put it away when we got home.

I worked on the kitchen towel a little.  It looked like this when we got home. 

 
I worked on it a little more at home, then realized there was a mistake! (not enough space between the two shapes on the left.)

I didn’t work on this on the trip, but picked it up at home.  I was surprised there was no counting mistake.  I must have put it down because it was so tiny and not symmetrical, so difficult to work on. It's finished but the tied bow on top still needs some work.
 

The fabric is 18 count aida, with a ribbon finished edge. The cross stitches are done with one strand of DMC floss; the beads with two strands.

7 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

Very lovely - and so much work. I don't know the different counts for Aida cloth as it's been so long ago that I learned them. I only know the one I'm working on it too tiny! hahaha Isn't 18 count really small?

Janie said...

Very fine work, you are tenacious!

Queeniepatch said...

Your holidays are always full of activities so finding time and the attention needed to stitch is difficult. If and when you take a 'sit on the beach' holiday you will have plenty of stitching time.

Manuela said...

Beautiful works.
Greetings, Manuela



Shami Immanuel said...

Lovely towel. Cross stitch is wonderful.

Annie said...

Sweet stitching!

rosey175 said...

I always feel really frustrated with patterns that aren't symmetrical and I feel that they should be, haha. Love the little bunny tail beads, that's cute.