Monday, June 17, 2013

You're a Good Man Charlie Brown

Our friend Vicky is a member of the Hokkaido Players and has been rehearsing since early last fall for the musical You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown. The Hokkaido Players are from all over Hokkaido and rehearsals were held every other weekend at different locations across the prefecture, leading up to performances in May and June. I was excited to get to see the performance this weekend at the closest location to where I live, which was Epoa Hall near the Oasa train stop. Ted was not able to attend because he had a weekend canoe race with his canoeing students. He missed a good show!

The characters spoke English and Japanese at different times throughout the performance. The set, props, and costumes were simple and appropriate for the story.  Our friend, Vicky, was the assistant director and also played the part of Lucy. I grew up reading the Peanuts comics and seeing the television specials, so this musical had a very nostalgic feel for me.  These characters are like my old friends. Here are a couple of photos taken after the show.
Lucy (Vicky) and me

Lucy, Charlie Brown, me, and Snoopy
 

No comments: