Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Morning Star Count - Connecting the Dots

I’m making this up as I go along and hoping it all works out. First I laid out the number of hexagons I think I need in the shape I think I need.


I stitched the whole lot together.
 

I wanted to quilt it with thin batting and a backing fabric, but it was too small for my regular quilt hoop and too thick for my embroidery hoop, plus I still had paper templates in the outside row of hexagons.
 

I managed to get some quilt lines in, and am now ready to start putting it together!  Come back next week!
 
 
Linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts.

11 comments:

Jaime Lyn said...

I love the honeycombs! They seem to fit together so perfectly- I don't think I'd have the patience for that! :) ~Jaime

Lisa J. said...

I love the colours in this. Can't figure out what it is . Will be interested in the final project.

Queeniepatch said...

You are quick and hardworking. I am intrigued by the shape and look forward to the finished project.

Anonymous said...

beautiful hexagons, great colors

Manuela said...

It looks wonderful.
I'm looking forward to next monday.

Greetings, Manuela

Thoeria said...

I love ther bright cheerful colours :) Curious to see what you plan to do with this!

Blue Moth said...

What can it be? Some interesting 3D shape? Great colours!

Beth in IL said...

I am looking forward to your progress. Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors!

Christine said...

I am looking forward to your progress too! I love the colors.

Quilting Nonnie said...

They're beautiful. I hand quilt also and have had some projects that are too small for my hoop. When that happens, I stitch muslin strips of whatever width needed to the sides of the projects. That makes it large enough to put in a hoop and quilt. Afterwards I just pick out the stitches to the strips. Oh, and you don't have to use muslin, just any old fabric will do!