Saturday, February 7, 2015

Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival

This huge quilt show is held in Tokyo every January.  I hope to be able to attend some year, but unfortunately, haven’t been able to make it so far.

I made a quilt block for the NHK partnership quilt project and Queenie Patch was very kind to take photos and send me. (Little bird block)


 
 
She also documented the show very well on her blog.  If you are interested in beautiful quilts and needlework, please take a look at these posts of hers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bags 
 
 
Thanks for letting us feel like we've attended!

4 comments:

Janie said...

I did see Queenie's photos of the show, great show, and your block is very cute.
Yes, thank you to Queenie.

D1-D2 said...

I'm not a fan of quilts, but those pictures were impressive.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you for your kind words, and the links to my blog about the show.
For us who have roots overseas and are used to quilts made outside Japan, this show is a feast of hand crafted quilts, often with great detail and sometimes fantastic originality.

Mizumatte said...

oh I really love your little birdblock.i'm not a big fan of birds but that is just too cute. so lovely of Queeniepatch to photografy it for you. I like your blog a lot. takr care Jaana