Friday, March 13, 2015

Tiny Cardinal Ornament

I started this little ornament last summer, but put it away and forgot about it before I finished stitching it.

 
I pulled it out this week and finished it in a short amount of time.  The pattern is a freebie, available at Kissy-Cross. 
 
 
It’s cross stitch over one with one strand of cotton floss on 28 count linen. I used a rectangular plastic form to make the ornament, stitching the two sides together with invisible thread.  I’ve used the round ones before but this was the first time I used this shape. The finished size is about one and a half inches by two inches. I made the twisted cording with #5 perle cotton.
 


5 comments:

Janie said...

How cute is that, looks great all finished too!

Queeniepatch said...

So elegant, and with that fantastic cording finish. You will need a huge Christmas tree this year!

Anonymous said...

cute ornament

Manuela said...

Lovely little ornament.
Have a nice weekend, Manuela

Lisa J. said...

This is very pretty. The stitches are so small.