Sunday, May 26, 2019

NHK Partnership Quilt Project Theme Announced

The theme for the 2020 Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival Partnership Quilt Project has been announced - My Favorite Animal. Information can be found in Japanese on the official website.  Thanks to Queenie at Queenie's Needlework, I can give you the basics in English.

The rules are:
  • size 15x15 cm + seam allowance of 1-2 cm,
  • no quilting,
  • name written in lower right seam allowance,
  • enclose a self addressed 62yen postcard, if you live in Japan and want to know in which quilt your block has been added
  • DEADLINE: JULY 31,  2019, when the block must have reached NHK
  • send to: 
Partnership Quilt NHK Sutekini Handmade 2-2-1 Jinnan Shibuya-ku Tokyo 150-8001Japan



Of course, pandas are my favorite animals, but cats come in a close second.  What will I make?  I've made blocks the last few years and it's been great fun.  Think about making a block and making the show even more "International"! 


Here are previous year's blocks I made.

2014

2015

2017

2018

2019



3 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

It is easy to see that your favourite hobby is embroidery! It features on every one of your blocks, so don't forget to add some this time, too! Looking forward to what you will come up with.

Julie said...

I'm sure whatever you make will be gratefully received. Previous years are very lovely,

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, I bet you can even make a hexie panda! I really need to get into quilting...how many years have I said that now?