Sunday, July 7, 2019

Lunch and a Museum

I met a friend in Shizuoka City for lunch and a visit to the Shizuoka City Museum. 


We had lunch at Kappadokiya and both ordered the same thing. The restaurant is small and very charming.






Next, we visited the Shizuoka City Museum, which was hosting an exhibit of Ukiyo-e Prints from the Mary Ainsworth Collection, Allen Memorial Museum of Art, Oberlin College, Ohio USA.  Photos were not allowed inside the exhibit, but I bought some post cards afterwards.






It was wonderful!  If you are in Shizuoka before the end of the month, please go.  After seeing the exhibit, we had a cup of coffee in the museum shop.




After the museum, we visited a little shop to buy some stitching supplies, then said good-bye.  We have another museum visit planned in the near future.



7 comments:

jacaranda said...

A lovely outing with a friend.

Julie said...

Time spent with friends is always lovely, what a nice visit you had.

Vireya said...

It is funny, when I saw the restaurant name, I was expecting to see Turkish food. I thought it was a Japanese version of Cappadocia in Turkey. I see from their website that they must get that a lot, as they have had to spell it out, "No, “kappa dokiya” has nothing Turkish about its name!"

Pink Rose said...

Hi Pamela,I have been commenting using my phone and have just discovered that for some reason it doesn't work,I am still travelling for a bit yet,so will comment when I have Internet.
Wow what a beautiful place to spend time at,thankyou for sharing your lovely day xx

Radka said...

Definitively a lovely day out :-)
xx

Leonore Winterer said...

What a fun day :) I love museums, but sadly, very few of my friends do.

Jeanie said...

What a great day! I love going to museums. And your lunch looks absolutely terrific!