Saturday, July 6, 2019

The People's Choice SAL - Finishing

Jo at Serendipidous Stitching is hosting a Stitch A Long the first Saturday of the month, with the topics chosen by her readers.  This month's topic is finishing.



I love a beaded edge and posted a little tutorial on how to do it here.











I like all kinds of little toolie things for stitching and posted a little tutorial on how to make pin keeps here. This technique also works well for ornaments.



 



This isn't my idea, but I like using it to finish an ornament because the front and back are all from one piece.











I made a sampler bag, with a beaded edge and twisted cord edging and explained how to do it here.




I frequently finish ornaments flat and add twisted cord that I make.  I posted how to do it here








Here is how to finish a stitched piece into a little bag.




These are my most common ways to finish things.  What are your ideas for finishing needlework?


14 comments:

Julie said...

WOW..... such talent you possess, many beautiful finishes.
I have tried quite a few different finishes over the years.

Queeniepatch said...

I have always been impressed by your finishes, but the beaded one is my favourite. When you posted the tutorial in 2014 I wanted to try it, but haven't. It is time to do it TODAY!

Faith... said...

Lots of beautiful beaded finishes!

Janie said...

Beautiful finishes, yes!
I think your sampler bag is especially amazing with beading, embroidery and the finish cording, super.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lots of finishes!! They are all so pretty. You might know that I LOVE beads, lol. I never miss an opportunity to sneak some into a project.
xx, Carol

Our photos said...

Beautiful finishes!

Rachel said...

So many beautifully finished projects!
I use a lot of twisted cord but really should use more beads. Hopefully your post has inspired me to do just that! :)

Ariadne said...

You do great finishing! ArianefromGreece!

Vireya said...

You really have a great repertoire of finishes. The beads are probably my favourite to look at, although I have never tried any of your finishes.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month.
You DO love a beaded finish, don't you? They all look lovely too.
I really like the Japanese lady with her padded kimono.
I also like the diamond ornaments, that is a neat way to finish an ornie. Another technique for me to try!
I love how inspiring all these posts are.

beadgirl said...

What a lot of wonderful finishing examples. Inspiring!

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a great overview! You are so creative with your finishing and I really need to try out a couple of those tutorials. I especially love the beaded edges on the round ornaments.

Jeanie said...

You are so productive and your work is so beautiful -- every piece.

I have to say I have several oranments needlepointed that were never "finished" -- the stitching is but I have no idea how to put them together!

Linda said...

Love all of your beautiful finishes Pamela.

Linda