Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Seven Steps to the New Normal for Train Travel



I like these train manners and although I don't like the phrase "new normal", this is cute. 


Step One says Customers, Train Staff, and Rail Crew: Don't forget your masks. 


Step Two says The air inside the carriage is ventilated through windows and air-conditioning.  


Step three says We're working hard to sterilize handrails, handstraps, and seats. 


Step Four says Reserve seats on the net beforehand.  Let's get excited for the trip before it begins.  


Step Five says Let's hold back on chatting inside carriages.  Without holding back on feeling joy. 


Step Six says Your destination isn't going anywhere.  If it's crowded, enjoy it leisurely later. 


Finally, Step Seven says Anyone who looks like they're going to forget the above should write it on Memory Bread and eat it.  I'm not sure about this one.  


What does your "Travel New Normal" look like?


4 comments:

kiwikid said...

Interesting, I am not sure of step 7 either!! We drive everywhere, so using public transport hasn't come up, but after a few weeks have gone by we might get the ferry to the city to visit #2 son.

Vireya said...

Memory bread was new to me. But I found a few things about it on the internet:
https://doraemon.fandom.com/wiki/Copying_Toast

I think it will be a while before I feel safe on trains here. My trip into the city is over an hour on the train. That is a long time to spend sitting very close to other people, with no openable windows.

Jeanie said...

I like step six. And I don't know about memory bread either. My new travel? Car only and only with someone I know. If I had to ride with another I'd sit in the back seat with a mask and hope like crazy they were OK.

Leonore Winterer said...

I haven't really been traveling since this all started, but think it's mask and reservation only on trains here as well. Memory bread? I wonder how that works...