Thursday, December 10, 2020

Super Mario Theme Park to Open in February in Japan

 


I was surprised to find out that a new Super Mario theme park will be opening in Osaka on February 4th. The surprise was not about Super Mario, but that the theme park was opening during the pandemic.  Things might be better by February, but probably not. 


This theme park was originally scheduled to open in July 2020, just before the Tokyo Olympics, when there would be many visitors to Japan. Japan's borders have been closed to foreign tourists since the beginning of the pandemic and there has been no talk of when this will change. Can a new theme park survive without foreign tourists?  


I know nothing about Nintendo or Super Mario, but I read the park will feature a real-life Bowser's castle and an interactive Mario Kart ride. It's being called an immersive land featuring Nintendo's legendary worlds, characters, and adventures where guests will be able to play inside their favorite Nintendo games. Some rides feature reality headsets and there is also a ride based on the cute green dinosaur Yoshi. 


I don't think I would visit even if there wasn't a pandemic. What about you?

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Nope. Not me. I'm not big on big parks like that.

Queeniepatch said...

I wouldn't visit either, but I am sure a lot of Japanese will, so even without the foreign tourist the park will probably be a success. They just need to cope with the pandemic.

kiwikid said...

No not for me, I like Disneyland but otherwise am not big on theme parks.

Leonore Winterer said...

I might visit, depending on the cost of tickets. Mario is fun!