Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Tokyo Disney Price Increase Announced

Starting March 20th, ticket prices for Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea will increase by up to 500 yen during peak periods such as weekends and holidays.  The parks operator claims this is to encourage a more even distribution of guests throughout the year.  


Currently, the one day ticket for either park costs 8,200 yen for adults but will increase to 8,700 yen during weekends and holiday periods such as spring vacation.  Tickets for junior and senior high school students will  go up by 400 yen to 7,300 yen.  Tickets for children age 4 to 11 will go up 300 yen to 5,200 yen.  Prices for tickets outside of peak periods will remain unchanged for now. The last time ticket prices increased was April 2020.  The operator of the parks said it expects a net loss of 51.11 billion yen in the business year through March 2021 due to the coronavirus. 


I don't think I will visit Tokyo Disney during any time, so the price increase doesn't affect me.  Would a price increase make you attend on a non-holiday weekday instead of the peak increased price time? Do you think Disney park ticket prices are worth the cost?

4 comments:

kiwikid said...

The increase seems a bit unfair for those who can only go on the weekends or public holidays, if people are working they don't have much choice. Maybe this is a way of recouping what has been lost during the virus. I don't think I would visit that park.

jacaranda said...

I haven't been to Tokyo Disney, but during this time of covid I think it will be a long time before I visit anywhere where there are crowds of people. I guess they have to increase prices to cover the time they have been closed.

Leonore Winterer said...

It makes sense to try and adjust prices like that, but maybe they should try lowering prices at unattractive times instead?

D1-D2 said...

when I was planning our visit, I was scheduling our trip to Disney on a Tuesday or Wednesday as those were the non-peak days.