Tuesday, July 13, 2021

The Stitch Group's New Project

As you know, I love getting together with my stitch group!  We met on Sunday to start a new project.  First we had some show and tell. I missed getting photos of the mola turtles.  Look for them next time!








The new project is Stumpwork Portraits.  We took our instruction from Queenie's tutorial. The instructions are clear and easy to follow and this is a fun project. On Saturday, I made this little portrait as an example.



We worked away, but it should actually be called play because it is so fun.








Next time we will finish the clothes and begin the hair, but even bald, these little portraits are very cute. 








Tea time




Until next time...

8 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh, What Fun!!!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful project, looking forward to seeing the next stage.
Tea looked wonderful.

Queeniepatch said...

WOW!
There is great progress in the various projects. Chicken scratch is so good for summer wear, the Mola cow, the Eyelet embroidery and the embroidered crazy quilt heart are just beautiful.

I love your portrait, a girl full of spunk!
I am so happy your stitch group enjoyed 'playing' with their stumpwork ladies.
You can not control these stumpwork portraits, they just fill themselves with personality. It is also fun to see the face in different stages.
The best is yet to come, adding the hair and dressing it changes the look a lot, then if you add earrings, hair clips or ribbons, there is another change.
I am impatiently looking forward to your next meeting.

Vireya said...

I love seeing what your stitching group is working on, and the finished projects.

The portraits are great! I also will look forward to seeing how they progress.

Jeanie said...

I love that you have a stitch group with whom you can share your wonderful stitching skills. Love the projects, esecially he patchwork heart and the mola!

Lauriejo said...

I always enjoy your posts. The different work you show is so very creative and much of it is quite different from what I normally do myself. But, oh my, your tea time goodies are amazing!

jacaranda said...

Enjoy your stitching with your friends. I look forward to seeing the finished ladies.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh how fun, you ladies are all so creative! Love to see the new projects, and looking forward to seeing more of them.