Thursday, April 28, 2022

Golden Week 2022

In Japan, there is a spring holiday week starting the end of April. Usually this is a busy travel week with both Japanese and international travelers. This is the third pandemic Golden Week, with international travelers still not able to enter the country. (Business travelers and students have recently been allowed to enter Japan.)




Golden Week consists of the following holidays: 

April 29 - Showa no Hi or Showa Day, which is the birthday of the late Emperor Showa or Hirohito.

May 3 - Kenpo Kinenbi or Constitution Day, in honor of the Japanese constitution which was ratified in 1947.

May 4 - Midori no Hi or Greenery Day, which honors the environment.

May 5 - Kodomo no Hi or Children's Day (or Boy's Day, as Girl's have a special day in March,  which is not a national holiday). 


I have ten consecutive days off from work this year. I don't have plans to go away for a big trip.  Even though I have had three vaccination shots and everyone in Japan wears masks all the time, I'm happy taking fewer risks. Depending on the weather, I may walk somewhere or take a day trip to somewhere that seems safe (outdoors, no crowds). I want to do some organizing things at home and of course some stitching.  


How would you spend a ten day holiday time?

5 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I would like a mixture of activities, a short trip, a stay in a hotel or inn with all meals prepared, a visit to some interesting museum, a lot of me-time at home, some house cleaning or home improvement, and a lot of sleep, not to mention a lot of stitching! Alas, I have to work all Golden Week!

Vireya said...

Enjoy your break! I hope you can find some interesting, non-crowded, things to do.

kiwikid said...

Have a wonderful break and some enjoyable walks. I would maybe go somewhere quiet but otherwise have lots of sewing time.

Toki said...

「What kind of action is good?」
For the first time After the pandemic,the Japanese are little confused about the unlimted Golden Week.

I spend most of my time at home. I mainly clean up,but also want to study. English,embroidery,bead embroidery,etc.
I plan to watch some movies.

I hope you have a fulfilling Golden Week.🙋

Leonore Winterer said...

I'd probably do much the same as you do - putter around the house, stitch, and maybe take a couple day trips! I might be boring but I like it this way LOL