Sunday, April 17, 2022

Sumpu Castle Excavation

Yesterday was a bit of a rainy day, but not a downpour rainy day.  I visited Sumpu Castle Park and it was perfect because there were few people around. The excavation began several years ago, but because of the pandemic, I hadn't been back to check out what they were doing. 


Much of the signage and information is in English.




The blue area on this sign is the excavation area.





It is a pretty park, even on a rainy day at the end of the cherry blossom season.







There is a pathway to walk around the excavation area. The pathway can be closed off - I supposed to keep people out at night or something like that.





























I don't want to go to any place that is crowded, so this was a great way to spend the morning.  I saw very few people and the park is quite large, so it was a very safe trip. The excavation area is interesting.

8 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well that was interesting! Terry is always finding historical documentaries about various places in Asia and Europe in that era. You always find such interesting places to visit.
xx, Carol

Vireya said...

It looks like an interesting site to visit, and a lovely park for a quiet walk. Did the cherry blossom arrive as per the forecast you posted some time back?

jacaranda said...

Love the carpet of fallen blossoms. I find exploring in the rain refreshing.

roughterrain crane said...

I like to see excavation sites.
Happy Easter.

Toki said...

As Jacaranda says,the carpet of petals is wonderful.
The cherry blossoms are beautiful whether they bloom or fall.🌸

It may be funny,but I like the smell of green on a rainy day.
looking at your picture reminded me of the smell of green.🌿 The smell of negatives ions?😌

Jeanie said...

The park is very beautiful! I love seeing the blossoms and the excavation looks very interesting.

Queeniepatch said...

Cherry petals are beautiful not only when they are on the tree, but on the ground, too!
I agree, it is interesting with these digs and good that they are open to the public to see. I also guess the area can be closed off at night to protect the careful work archaeologists do during the day.

Leonore Winterer said...

Looks like they are finding a lot of interesting things!