Tuesday, April 26, 2022

The Sushi Museum

Sunday was a rainy day, not so good for outside things.  I met my friend and we went to the Sushi Museum, then to eat sushi.  


The museum is obviously meant for tourists.  With no international tourists in the last two plus years and probably few tourists from Japan, the museum looked like it could use a little maintenance, but it was interesting anyway. The entrance fee was 500 yen per person and we were the only visitors. The museum was arranged in long narrow hallways.  






After the first entrance section, was an area set up like a town road, with shops and other things.








In the middle was a shrine, where you could buy a fortune for 100 yen.  I didn't get a fortune.




Continuing on, more of the "town".





The next two photos are of Kabuki pictures.




The former Emperor eating sushi.



Next was the sushi stand.  The sushi was very large.




Wasabi and alcohol next.







This is the doctor's office.





This is the Kabuki Theater, with loud Kabuki singing.







Next we went to this restaurant for dinner.




I forgot to take a picture of my food until after I had eaten some of it, but there was a picture of what I ordered at the entrance, so I took a picture of it too.







We had a nice get together and a good dinner.

7 comments:

Toki said...

I'm glad you had a good time with your friends.
I think the big sushi in the photo is a sushi restaurant from the Edo period.
It is said that sushi in the Edo period was the current fast food.
Thank you for many pictures. I enjoyed it.😄

kiwikid said...

Looks like a great and interesting time out.

roughterrain crane said...

Thanks for showing us the sushi yatai. I have not seen it anywhere before.

Vireya said...

An interesting place to visit, and of course you would have to eat sushi afterwards. It looks like the photo of your meal in the restaurant was very accurate to what you were actually served!

Jeanie said...

This looks like a delightful museum. I'd love it! And I'd love what you ordered for your food, too!

jacaranda said...

Must put this museum on my next visit list. We have sushi some Saturday’s for lunch. My favourite is salt and pepper squid.

Leonore Winterer said...

What an interesting place! Good things I have plans to go eat sushi tomorrow.