Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Sashiburi desu

Miyu in 2015


Kaito in 2014

Years ago, when I lived in Hokkaido, I had two English students (a sister and brother in high school and junior high school) who came to my home one evening a week. From time to time, I still hear from them. Friday I received an email from Miyu saying she would be in my area and asking if I wanted to get together. Of course, I did! She picked me up and we went to a strawberry restaurant, with a nice view of the sea.




Miyu is now 25, strong, confident, successful, and beautiful, with a bright future ahead of her.  It was great to catch up on many things. While we were at the restaurant, we were able to facetime with her mother and her brother in Hokkaido.




I hope we will be able to get together again.

9 comments:

Vireya said...

What a special visit!

Toki said...

I'm glad you met Hokkaido students in Shizuoka.
Strawberries look so delicious.🍓
Her growth is Amazing.

diamondc said...

Pamela: How lovely that you kept in contact.
Yum waffles with strawberries.

Catherine

Jeanie said...

A strawberry restaurant? Fascinating! And she is lovely. I'm so glad you could get together.

kiwikid said...

Very special to be able to catch up.

Lin said...

That is lovely. xx

Queeniepatch said...

What a treat that day must have been for all four of you - you, Miyu, Kaito and their mother. I hope there will be more!

Leonore Winterer said...

That's so nice you got to meet with your old student and still keep in contact!

roughterrain crane said...

You had a really good time. You rekindled your old friendship.