Sunday, January 19, 2014

My New Sewing Machine

Friday was the first day it didn’t snow, so Ted and I decided to get out in the car to run some errands and go out to lunch.  Besides the post office, the hyaku en shop, and Corona for lunch, we looked at sewing machines at three different stores.  I wanted to buy a basic, inexpensive machine. This is the machine I decided on.

 
I can’t read the instruction booklet, but having owned and used sewing machines in the past, I thought I could figure it out.  There is a little diagram right on the machine showing how to thread it. 

 
My first little project is going to be an applique table runner.  For the base, I cut 40 squares, four inches on a side from five different tan fabrics.  I followed JJ’s tutorial on how to quickly piece squares on her Pragamatic Patchwork blog. Check out the link - it really is quick and easy!

 
Now I’m working on cutting out ten fall leaves.  I hope to have more to show soon.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

No snow! What a wonderful respite. I hope you enjoy your sewing machine.

Queeniepatch said...

I have tried to find an online manual for you but to no avail. Sorry. I am sure the machine is not too hard to figure out and that you will enjoy using it. Have lots of fun!