Saturday, January 4, 2014

Below the Equator

We’ve just returned from a wonderful vacation to Bali.  Ted lived in Indonesia in the mid-90’s and had visited Bali then, but this was my first trip. It was snowing like crazy the day we left and we had begun to wonder if we would be able to get out of Hokkaido.  Boarding was delayed, then we sat on the plane for over two hours as they cleared the snow and cleared the snow and cleared the snow again.
 
 


Finally we were on our way.


We flew Korean Air and in my opinion it is far above any US carrier.  Our connecting flight in Seoul left before we arrived, but we were met at the gate with boarding passes for our new flight.

We spent the first week of our trip in Ubud and the remainder of our vacation at the coast in Sanur.

We enjoyed warm weather, delicious food, and a wonderful cultural experience – I’ll tell you all about it in the days to come. It was a slow paced relaxing trip so I had time to stitch. Here’s what I accomplished:
I would have finished stitching the pear, but I ran  a little short of the red thread. This pattern is a freebie and can be found here.


I did finish the kogin pattern for the needlebook.  I think I’m ready for a bigger more difficult motif next. This pattern is a freebie and can be found here.
 


I got quite a bit done on the pieces to this little toolie set. I don’t have enough of the blue kreinik to finish, so I’ll need to get another spool of that, then I’ll be ready to add the beads.
 
needlebook
 
scissor fob
 
pincushion
 
buttons and fobs


We took a lot of photos and as soon as I can get them sorted, I’ll write more about the trip.  And, in case you are wondering—Yes, snow was falling when we returned to Hokkaido!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Keep up the good work. I always wanted to visit this great place. Thanks to flysky.ro I will be able this year :)

Anonymous said...

Hokkaido looks like Chicago this year. (or vice versa)