Thursday, January 2, 2014

Stitched Boxes

I like when I can finish a piece of needlework into something useful.  Besides stitched bags and little toolie things, stitched boxes are another nice and useful way to finish needlework.  Here are some that I have with me here.

Summer Sampler Box (finished 2013)
Denise Harrington Pratt is the designer and teacher of this project.
 

Jubilation (finished 2013)
DH Pratt is also the designer of this box.

 
Dragonfly Jewelry boxes
These are Lee canvases.  I do like things that match and I like dragonflies.  I couldn't resist buying and stitching these, in blue of course.

 
Pink Canvas in Betsy Box
This design was a breast cancer fund raiser put out by another guild. I don't remember the details, but several of us in our chapter bought the kits.  I didn't like the pink ribbon in the center so I changed it. As it turned out, it was the perfect size for this box top.

 
Two Little Beaded Boxes
I stitched the little triangle box the first winter I was here.  I want to do more of this, but haven't yet.
The other box was a class I took at the 50th anniversary EGA national seminar in Louisville.

 
Round Stumpwork
This was a class at the Richmond EGA national seminar.  I ordered the box at the seminar and completed the stitching in a few months, but it was over a year before I finally received the box to put the needlework in.

 
Hardanger Mint Tin
This was a Christmas gift from my friend Charlie a few years ago.  I would like to make something like this and have saved some tins, but haven't started the project yet.
 

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

You are so multi talented, Pamela, and have a fantastic collection of boxes!

Manuela said...

All the boxes are very beautiful.
Happy New Year, Manuela.