Thursday, December 6, 2018

Blue Impulse Air Show Festival

When I visited the Air Park Museum in February, I learned about the Blue Impulse. When I found out they would be flying (performing?), I knew I wanted to see them. My friend and I took the train and a bus to get to the venue. After the event, I heard there were 130,000 people in attendance! There were hangars with various exhibits and even a brass band to see and listen to before the Blue Impulse show.








This is a bounce house in the picnic area. We bought Fujinomia yakisoba for lunch and sat on the ground and ate.



The weather was perfect!  We saw three parachuters (parachutists?)




We were able to tour this large plane.






The Blue Impulse show was amazing!






















It was exciting and scary! If you ever have a chance to see the Blue Impulse, be sure to see them.


9 comments:

Julie said...

Stunning manoeuvres you have captured on the your camera. What a treat to see those in action.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Pamela wow they look amazing ,love the patterns they make in the sky,so glad you got the chance to see them and boy that sure was a lot of people that attended.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful photos, thank you for sharing! They are very clever pilots. They would be like the Red Arrows in the UK, they are amazing to watch. That was a huge crowd at this event!

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

You had perfect weather for an amazing air show!
I saw them once and am now a fan, too!

Janie said...

What an Airshow! The pilots, obviously highly skilled, put on a good show.
The weather cooperated too.
Thanks for sharing.

Vireya said...

There were a lot of airshows in my childhood, as my father was in the Air Force. But it is a long time since I went to one!

rosey175 said...

Oh, interesting! I guess I never thought about it before, but maybe all countries with an Air Force have something similar to the Blue Angels.

Sheryl said...

Great photos, always love airshows

Leonore Winterer said...

How exciting! I never saw anything like this in real life, only in movies.