Sunday, December 23, 2018

The Elementary School Art Show

Usually the old City Hall Building in Shizuoka is closed when I am there on the weekend. 




My friend and I noticed it was open on a Saturday afternoon, so we decided to take a look inside.  



There was an art festival going on! I think the theme was local sites and events.  I recognized many places I've visited in the area - Nihondaira Zoo, Sengen Shrine, other shrines or temples, the lantern festival, Miho Lighthouse, bugs, Mt. Fuji,  the Shimizu Port, fireworks, the Toro Ruins, S-Pulse soccer team, sakura shrimp, Sumpu Castle, an onsen, Tanabata Festival, strawberries, green tea picking, cherry blossoms, Minato Festival.



















I took photos of all of the pictures, but I am only showing a few.  Otherwise it would be a very long post.

6 comments:

Vireya said...

That is an interesting building, because it does not look Japanese at all. It seems to have more of a Spanish Mission feel.

Julie said...

I'm playing catch up this week - blessings to you this festive season. Loved the cathedral window finish.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Pamela glad you checked to see if it was open,lots of beautiful work on show,glad you got to see them,Merry Xmas my friend xx

diamondc said...

Pamela: I love this art show, thank-you for sharing with us.
I totally love the painting with the beetles on the tree trunks.
Mike said when he lived in Japan the people in his area had beetles as pets.
Amazing I think.

Catherine

kiwikid said...

Lovely surprise to find the art show, thank you for sharing.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely art! These kids are very creative.