Tuesday, December 11, 2018

My Birthday with the Stitchers

Sunday, the stitch group met.  


First we had some show and tell.  Do you remember the woven baskets two stitchers bought at the flea market



Well, now they are ready for winter.  How cute!


Here are three butterfly bags, two finished and one just needs the drawstring.




Our first project of the afternoon was a quick one.  We all got little sake cups at the flea market and using some shibori fabric (also from the flea market), we made up some little pin cushions.  




Then we started some cathedral windows, but somehow I didn't get any pictures of that.  We will continue to work on them next time, so I hope to have pictures then.  


Our hostess has a pretty tree with some stitched ornaments from last year and the year before.



If you have been reading my blog long, you know that I love my birthday. I celebrate every day in December, not just one day. They had a wonderful cake for me - chocolate with fruit and a box of delicious strawberries!  Pamera is my Japanese name.  







After the dessert, we had pizza.  (Do you notice how the pizza plate looks like cathedral windows?) Oishi katta!




I am so thankful to be a part of this group. They are so kind to me. (And they never laugh at my awkward Japanese).



12 comments:

Janie said...

Happy birthday, Pamera!
Wonderful friends, yes. And a fabulous celebration.
I'm happy for you.

Pink Rose said...

Happy Birthday Pamela what a lovely cake its looks very yummy.I always love seeing what you and the girls have made.

Lin said...

Happy Birthday! What a great way to celebrate. I love the little pincushions. xx

Manuela said...

Happy Birthday, Pamela.
Lovely little works form the stitching group.

Vireya said...

Happy birthday! It is wonderful to have caring friends like your stitching group.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Happy Birthday. I love how this group of ladies has embraced you and how much you enjoy their company. Celebrating your birthday all month long is pretty cool. You have an especially happy day on the last day...lots of fireworks!!
xx, Carol

Julie said...

Happy birthday wishes to you Pam.
The winter bags look really sweet, the cake looks amazing.

FlashinScissors said...

What a great celebration, and cake too!
Looks like a lovely gathering of friends.
Great stitching too. Love the pincushions!
Happy Birthday and month, Pamela!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

kiwikid said...

Happy birthday month! Enjoy those celebrations. So good to have good friends to get together with. Love the pincushions.

SUWA said...

Happy Birthday,Pamela!!It is wonderful celebration and presents.

Jeanie said...

Love that the pizza plate looks like Cathedral Windows!

I'm like you -- a long birthday celebration is the best! So I hope you continue to have a very happy birthday with all kinds of friends -- stitching or otherwise -- for a long while to come! And that includes greetings from me!

Happy Birthday!

Leonore Winterer said...

Those pin cushions are really cute - I can't wait to see what your ladies to with the cathedral windows!
The cake looks very delicious, so does the pizza. What a great birthday celebration :)