Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The Camino - Part 3, Leaving Porto




After breakfast in my hotel, I headed out. The weather was gorgeous.





















I met a German woman and we walked together for about half a day. Mid-morning we stopped for a cup of coffee at a sea side cafe.









We stopped for lunch at this place.



 










After lunch, we headed out again. The views were so beautiful.







We saw this church up on a hill and decided we needed to climb up to take a look.  I was glad we did.












There were so many interesting things to see along the way.






Shortly after this, I said good-bye to my new friend.  She was walking the inland route after this and I continued along the coast.  I'll have more pictures from my trip soon.


14 comments:

NADINE said...

Oh how nice, Walking all along the sea ! I certainly would favour that route, too :D
Enjoying your pictures A LOT ! Thank you.
XOXO
NADINE

Julie said...

Stunning and spectacular views you saw on this part of the walk.

kiwikid said...

What beautiful coastline to be walking along and wonderful you had someone to walk with. That church was well worth a visit.

Janie said...

Beautiful weather! I'm enjoying your trip too, thanks for taking us along.

Lyndle said...

Wow, beautiful. We went to Spain and Portugal in January but spent our time mostly in cities. Time was short despite being away from New Zealand for three weeks. Your walk looks beautiful. I hope you are wearing lots of sunblock!

Queeniepatch said...

Fantastic seascape and glorious weather.

Our photos said...

Beautiful Photos!

Leonore Winterer said...

I love the way those buildings and towns look. Also good to make a friend already on your first day of walking!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You find the best places to visit!!
xx, Carol

Lin said...

Great pictures - the little church looks interesting especially the stained glass. xx

Vireya said...

That looks fantastic. Did you book all your hotels from Japan? Or do you find somewhere wherever you stop for the day?

Lisa J. said...

Now I know why so many people do this walk.

Jeanie said...

Those views of the sea are remarkable. I'm so glad you recorded it so well. I feel the warmth and sun!

Unknown said...

Hello my dear! Thank you for sharing this! I had the best start on the Camino with you! I hope you arrived safely in Japan!
Cheers Maria