Sunday, April 7, 2019

The People's Choice SAL - Specialty Stitches

Jo at Serendipidous Stitching is hosting a Stitch A Long the first Saturday of the month, with the topics chosen by her readers.  This month's topic is Specialty Stitches. I've pulled out a few of my little toolie things to show today.





Rice Stitch Thread Box and Pin Ball

This little box came with cookies inside. I stitched the lid with rice stitches and use it for thread storage now.



I made a matching pin ball.


Bee Pin Keep 

This small pin holder contains cross stitch, Smyrna stitch, rice stitch, alternating scotch stitch, lazy daisy, Algerian eye, ray stitch, queen stitch, herringbone stitch, mini-levianthan stitch, straight stitch, and back stitch.


Summer Sampler Box and Accessories 

This little toolie set was designed and taught by Denise Harrington Pratt.





Not Your Grandmother's Sewing Kit Accessories

This little toolie set was designed and taught by Marianna Surface Markham.




Secret Garden 

Another sweet little stitching helper, it was designed and taught by Lauren Sauer.






Miss Kitty's Dragons Needlebook 

I stitched this from a Just Nan chart.





Pins and Needles 

I've given this chart away and can't remember the designer.




In the Burgundy Scissor Fob

The pattern is from Barbary Row by designer Sherelyn Whiteman.


Beady Eyelet Fobs 

Here are a few of the many I've made. Denise Harrington Pratt is the designer.






December Needleroll  

This was a kit, but I don't remember the designer.










14 comments:

Cathy said...

You are so talented! Nice projects!

Queeniepatch said...

You have such a fantastic and rich collection. When are you going to open the 'Pamela Stitch It Museum'?!
How did you manage to put 12 different stitches in the Bee Pin Keep?

Mia said...

Gorgeous projects, Pamela. I especially love the idea of the stitched lid! Kisses!

Lin said...

What a beautiful collection. xx

Manuela said...

Wow, so many wonderful things.

rosey175 said...

Wow you really have done a lot of the little beaded fobs! They remind me of the flapper dresses haha. :)

I wonder if the needleroll is a Victorian Needlework piece? It looks similar in design.

Ariadne said...

I don't do any other stitches than cross stitch! Your items are amazing and I especially liked the beaded ones. AriadnefromGreece!

jocondine said...

Great show! So many nice works with tiny stitches. Thanks for sharing. xxx Amitiés.

FlashinScissors said...

Wow, Pamela!
A beautiful collection!
I love your bee pinkeep ..... all those different stitches!
Oh, and those beaded fobs are just amazing!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love all your little needlework tool kits, what a lovely way to store needles and accessories.
The Just Nan designs always makes me hope she has designed some actual dragons, not just dragonflies! You have finished it beautifully.

Julie said...

So many different and pretty projects, all stitched and finished so beautifully

jacaranda said...

A beautiful collection of stitching and pieces of needlework.

Mini said...

Wow, I don't have words to say how beautiful your projects are and look tough to me.I agree with QueeniePatch, you should open a museum.

Leonore Winterer said...

So many pretty projects! I guess for you, specialty stitches aren't a big deal, you can do them all in your sleep!