Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Work In Progress Wednesday - A Quilt and Some Ideas

This week has been busy and more mentally challenging, so I haven't been concentrating on any difficult stitching.  I've been working on handquilting my year one temperature quilt.  There's still a lot to do, but I am making progress.  



I've also been looking through a sample notebook I made when I took a week long Italian Embroidery class with Vima deMarchi Micheli a few years back. I might start something small.  













Maybe next week I'll have more stitching to show.

12 comments:

Jeanie said...

Your quilt is just glorious! How those colors give me a super-big dash of joy! Like sunshine on fabric!

diamondc said...

Pamela: The temperature quilt is beautiful.
The Italian Embroidery looks very interesting.

Catherine

Lin said...

That must have been a fantastic embroidery class! Lots of lovely cutwork and lace projects to play around with. xx

Queeniepatch said...

The back of the temperature quilt proves how much progress you have made. Great!
That is one valuable notebook! Such clear instructions and wonderful samples.

roughterrain crane said...

It's quite rare to have a snowfall in April. You say you have been busy. Take care.

Julie said...

The temp quilt is looking beautiful.
Such detail in the embroidery, what a useful course that was.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I had forgotten how pretty that quilt IS!!
xx, Carol

Manuela said...

Your quilt looks wonderful. Nice backside.
Your notebook with the ebroidery stitches is a good idea.

Anthea said...

I hope those challenges don't tax you too much Pamela & that you enjoy the quilting of the Temperature Quilt
x

Vireya said...

You are making good progress with that quilting.

Sheryl said...

This temperature quilt is so pretty and the Italian needlework looks very interesting to me.

Leonore Winterer said...

It's great to have some mindless stitching for when you just need to unwind! Your notebook looks really complex, though.