Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday Finish - Cruise Ornaments

I recently showed my finished bracelet from my fall cruise trip with needlework teacher and designer Sandy Arthur. Another of the cruise projects from Sandy was the set of four canvas pieces representing our trip. I worked on them during our stitch classes on the cruise and finished the stitching when I got back home. 







They were designed as coasters, but I decided to make mine into ornaments. I made the cording from #5 perle cotton and the backing is kimono fabric.  









I am happy with the finished ornaments and will happily remember the trip when I look at them.

8 comments:

pandalen said...

If the colors are true on my computer, you have a phenomenally beautiful match between the blue on the front and the kimono fabric backing--stunning!

Len
South of Seattle

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish, the ornaments look wonderful and certainly will be a great reminder of your trip.

Jeanie said...

I love these photos. The cruise looked magnificent and these are such wonderful reminders! Well done, Pamela.

Queeniepatch said...

Every time you look at these ornaments you will remember the cruise.
Are the white stitches underneath the Colosseum and Familia Sagrada Brick Stitch?

Janie said...

Your finish is gorgeous! and it will be a treat to have your ornaments up for holidays and to remember your cruise.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

They are lovely! I particularly like the Colosseum piece.
xx, Carol

Vireya said...

Beautifully finished! And excellent mementos of your trip.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great finishes! Looks like you're really cleaning up those WIPs now.