Sunday, July 5, 2020

Japan's Travel Ban



Recently, I've been reading about countries that are now opening up to travelers from other countries (as well as keeping others out). Japan is keeping people out for the time being. Just this past week Japan added 18 more nations to its no-entry list, bringing the total number to 129. Anyone who is not a Japanese citizen and has been to any of these countries in the past 14 days, will not be allowed to enter Japan.  


Here are all the countries countries affected by Japan's travel ban.




Asia Pacific: Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Brunei, China (including Hong Kong and Macau), India, Indonesia, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.
North America: Canada, United States of America. 
Latin America and the Caribbean: Argentina, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, the Grenadines, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Uruguay.
Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Israel, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates.
Africa: Algeria, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central Africa, Cote d’lvoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, South Africa.

Currently, I only travel to work and to the grocery store by foot, but I do hope to be able to travel again sometime. How about you?  Can you travel outside of where you live? Do you want to travel now or in the future again?



7 comments:

jacaranda said...

Australia, I am still waiting to hear from Qantas about our flights to Tokyo in November, they will be cancelled. We want to travel again, but only when it is safe to do so. Do you think the Tokyo Quilt Festival will go ahead in January? Anyone returning to Australia has to quarantine for 14 days at this stage.

kiwikid said...

Well Pamela we live in Victoria and the virus is having a huge resurgence up in Melbourne, 10 suburbs are in lock down until the end of the month. We moved our bookings to go to NZ from March to August but I can't see us going. Victorians will not be welcome anywhere for quite a while I think. I don't blame Japan for closing their borders, it seems the only way to keep the virus out. The virus was under control in NZ but brought back into the country by people returning from the UK and India. Difficult times. Hopefully we get to travel again one day when it is safe.

Queeniepatch said...

Sweden has open its borders to Japan, so I could go visit my family there (if there was a flight, which there isn't) but I will not be able to return to Japan. So the only thing to do is stay put and seek comfort in stitching!

Vireya said...

Right at the moment I would have trouble even crossing state borders within Australia, because of the situation in my state.

I wouldn't feel safe travelling to Melbourne at present, much less anywhere overseas!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Pamela interesting information about countries ,I don't blame china ,I am in Victoria ,Australia and the virus has started back up in Melb ,36 postcodes are in lockdown ,it's quite scary ,as I have lung problems and hubby has heart problems we are keeping to ourselves now for awhile,hope you are safe ,take care xx

Jeanie said...

Japan is smart. I am dying to travel but not if I can't be safe. Besides, now it's a moot point. No one will take us. I can't even drive the two hours to Canada. I wish I knew for how long, but then don't we all.

Leonore Winterer said...

We can travel freely inside the EU again, but I don't really want to at the moment! My friend is hoping to go to Japan in the fall, but right now it doesn't seem like that is going to happen.