Thursday, July 23, 2020

International Stitch With Friends Day

(Note - this Day's designation is our own) 


Our stitch group hadn't met since January because of the pandemic. We were all very happy to get together again!  Our new project is an Ainu inspired coaster project.  I worked up four steps of example - Upper left, basted background; Lower left, basted design; Lower right, couched line; Upper right, chain stitch. The red basting thread will be removed at the end.



Here are the two books I have on Ainu stitching and two stitched pieces I received as gifts.



Headband and coaster

Our hands were busy and we talked as we stitched.























Here are the five stitchers' pieces at the end of our session.  We will all do our homework before we meet again.






I will work on mine a little more and show it on Wednesday.





Until we get together next time....


10 comments:

Janie said...

How exciting, count me in. Great projects too.
Thanks for sharing.

diamondc said...

Pamela: Wow what a beautiful book, I am looking forward to seeing the progress on your designs.

Catherine

kiwikid said...

Great to photo have your stitching group back together again , interesting project.

Queeniepatch said...

How lovely it must have been to be able to meet up again. Lock downs or voluntary self isolations have cause a lot of depression and loneliness the world over.
That is a nice new project and so easy to follow your excellent tutorial.
I have the book on the right, and from it I will use one of the stitches for Sunday Stitch School.

Vireya said...

It sounds like a lovely time of stitching and friendship.

DUTA said...

I'm impressed by the fact that you can read, write and speak japanese. No light matter.
The sitching project looks exciting!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I don't think I have seen this kind of stitching before. The pieces completed pieces are lovely. Gosh, I didn't realize that your group had been apart for that long!!

It's stunning to me that there are so many people here that just don't think they have to keep a distance or wear a mask.
xx, Carol

Jeanie said...

I long for the day when I can begin to create in the company of others again. I'm just a wee bit envious but in a very nice way!

Leonore Winterer said...

What an interesting project! I'm looking forwad to seeing more of this technique.

FlashinScissors said...

Very interesting project Pamela!
Gosh I didn’t know you’d been in lockdown since January, you poor things! That must have been so hard for everyone.
I must stitch a sample of this ..... off to find a suitable scrap of fabric! Thanks for the idea!
Hugs,
Barbara xx