Thursday, July 30, 2020

Limited Time - Mt. Fuji Beer


In Japan, there are frequently seasonal or limited time products.  Asahi Beer has a new design for its Fujisan beer. The artwork on the can is The Great Wave off Kanagawa, one of the most famous works of Japanese woodblock artist Katsushika Hokusai and part of this Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji series.  It is available for a limited time only at the Aeon chain of supermarket/department stores.


The beer is 5.5 percent alcohol and made with only Japanese ingredients: Japan-grown barley, Japan-grown hops, and rice grown in fields with water flowing from underground streams beneath Mt. Fuji.  


This is the second time Asahi has offered the Fujisan beer.  Last spring there was a limited time offering, but without the famous artwork on the can.




8 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Hm. Limited only item are collectables. Although I would never collect beer cans myself, as they are easy to stack, it would be possible to build a wall out of them.
In my part of Tokyo there is a local beer, with the district's name, but it is only sold in bottles, and all year round. If I remember correctly the label is also some old artwork, although not Hokkusai.
Did you taste Fujisan beer?

SUWA said...

It′s great and beautiful design!
I didn't know this beer,thanks for your introduce in detail.

jacaranda said...

Love the design on the can. My husband liked the taste of your beers when he visited.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful design on the can, my husband has beer cans from last year when his AFL team won the grand final.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh I love those cans!! We had several cans, bottles and other collectibles that we left in Indiana when we moved. My daughter can decide what to keep and what not to keep. She's as bad as her dad about "keeping" so I suspect they are set up on display somewhere in the house.
xx, Carol

Janie said...

That is clever marketing for sure. As I've noticed before, Japanese marketing art designs are a cut above.

pandalen said...

Not a beer drinker at all but I sure would buy those for the beautiful can!

Len
south of Seattle

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't drink beer, but it's a beautiful can! Will you be trying it?