Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Lunch and Museum with a Friend

My friend and I made plans to meet for lunch, then visit a museum on Saturday. On my way to meet her at the lunch restaurant, I saw many new ajisai in bloom (hydrangea).



We decided to meet at a fish restaurant at the port.




We decided on the restaurant Kaizan and both ate similar lunches with raw tuna and miso soup with shrimp.



I have eaten out few times since the start of the pandemic, but this restaurant was not crowded and I felt comfortable here.



Next, we took the train to Yui. We walked from the train station to the museum.




Yui is another port town and the 16th stop on the Tokaido Road between Tokyo and Kyoto.  It is famous for sakura ebi (small pink shrimp).



There are historic buildings along the way to the museum from the train station.



I ate at this restaurant the first time I visited Yui and my friends and I had our picture taken with this guy.  The restaurant is now closed, maybe a victim of the the pandemic.



Turtles are interesting creatures.  There are a lot of them here.





Here is the entrance to the museum grounds.  Photos are allowed outside, but not in the museum.

















We enjoyed lunch and the museum, but that wasn't the end of our adventure.  I will have a post about the rest of our afternoon soon.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

What a wonderful outing! I love that restaurant and its setting and what you ordered. That would be enough! But then adding the museum, too. It looks beautiful -- I like the turtles, too! Can't wait to hear the next part!

Lyn Warner said...

Another interesting adventure and very pretty gardens.

Leonore Winterer said...

A great day out, that food looks delicious! Looking forward to reading about your further adventures.

Vireya said...

This looks like another lovely day out, to a beautiful place with no crowds. I'm glad you can start exploring again.

Queeniepatch said...

You and your friend had a good outing.
I am always impressed with the neat lawns and cut brushes in the gardens in Shizuoka.