Friday, June 3, 2022

More Crime in Japan

Some of the crime stories in Japan are so strange. This week I read about a 46 year old security guard in Fujinomiya City, Shizuoka (the prefecture I live in) who was arrested on charges of violating the Waste Management Law.   



Staff members at a Pachinko Parlor (a kind of legal gambling place) in the Nakaharacho area in Fujinomiya City found a cardboard box in the parking garage. What do you guess was in the box? Did you guess 13 liters of urine (3.4 gallons) in 27 plastic bottles?  If you did, you are correct! (That's right, 13 liters of urine in various size bottles.)




With the help of the surveillance cameras in the parking garage, police managed to track down the cuprit and arrest him.  According to police, the man said: "It was a bother going to the toilet, so I saved it. But I had trouble disposing of it, so I threw it away at my favorite pachinko parlor." Have you heard of this happening anywhere else? 

4 comments:

Lyndle said...

Um… wow. I think it’s safe to say I have never heard of this before!

Queeniepatch said...

No, I've never heard such a story before, BUT in the event of a mega quake in Tokyo and the sewage systems being broken I am sure a lot of people will have to 'save and store' their urine until the day they can use the toilets again.. Especially those who live in high rise buildings and whose only other option of going to the loo is walking down 25 floors to the makeshift lavatories that will be set up in the street, and then walk up to their apartment again. I sure hope they will not be arrested for such a 'crime'.

roughterrain crane said...

I was astonished to hear that for the first time!

Leonore Winterer said...

Ew. Peeing in bottles is one thing, but leaving them for someone else to find is just weird!