Sunday, April 14, 2024

Flea Market Find

 A few days ago, I went to the grocery store early and there was a little flea market in the parking lot.  I walked around and looked.  Most of the offerings were clothes and children's items. 


One woman's blue tarp was full of sewing items. It looked like she was clearing out her mother or grandmother's house. It was obvious that she had no idea what the items were worth or even what they would cost new. Nothing was prepriced, so I had to ask about each item, pointing and saying ikura desu ka? She would look at whatever it was, sometimes picking it up and giving me a price, that I considered too high. There were hundreds of packages of needles, buttons, embroidery floss, etc. I invited her to give me a deal for zenbu, all of a set of things, like the embroidery thread. She counted them and told me the price, with no discount. I did find and buy one little wooden cabinet thing with some stuff inside and it was 500 yen, which I considered a good deal. I can clean it up a bit.





I'm curious about how much of her stuff she sold.

6 comments:

Vireya said...

That looks like a lovely little sewing box!

Lin said...

It looks like a very useful box. xx

Lin said...

And a bargain having looked up the conversion!

Jeanie said...

This is a terrific sewing box. Well done!

Toki said...

You are very smart. I think you made a very good purchase.😄

Leonore Winterer said...

Shame she wouldn't go for a discount, it would have profited both of you. But the wooden sewing cabinet is lovely!