Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Stitch Group Sunday

We met on Sunday and continued working on our candlewicking projects. Candlewicking is a type of embroidery using colonial knots to make the design. Each stitcher decided on her design and after some practice was ready to start stitching that design. I usually stitch in hand (without a hoop or frame), but it is important to keep the fabric stretched when doing this technique, so I am using a hoop.




We talk about many things, sometimes serious, sometimes silly. One of the topics Sunday was the song "Killing Me Softly", which was used in a Nescafe commericial in 1972. What did Nescafe do to that song?



We found a real version of the song with Roberta Flack singing. Much better!





I really enjoy this group and feel very fortunate to be a part of it!






Tea Time


6 comments:

diamondc said...

Hello Pamela: It is so nice to get together with stitch groups, hope you share your progress on your stitching, the goody plate looks yummy.

Catherine🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

Jeanie said...

The videos are fun and I always like seeing your treats!

Queeniepatch said...

As Japanese words end in a vowel sound, they are suitable for opera. Advertising companies have often replaced famous opera arias with Japanese sales messages. I can't find any example right now, but here is a similar idea but in English for Rosetta Stone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILQSpGkWF34

Vireya said...

I always enjoy seeing what your group of stitching friends are doing.

Toki said...

Your stitch group are awesome. The group is always trying new things.
I miss the Nescafe commercial.😂
I may have asked the same question before, but are all the people in your group able to speak Enough?

Leonore Winterer said...

I hadn't heard about candlewicking before, what an interesting technique!
Also, is it only me or is 'killing me softly' a bit of an ironic song for a coffee advertisment? It sounds like you're slowly killing yourself by drinking too much of it!