Friday, February 22, 2013

Finish One, Start Another

It has been snowing alot, which is good weather for staying inside and stitching.  I finished the little reindeer into an ornament.

 
I started a new piece that is part hardanger and part stumpwork.  It’s a design by Thea Dueck (The Victoria Sampler) called Dragonfly Lace Sampler. I bought the Accessory Pack with the silk threads, ribbons, and beads needed for the project when I purchased the instruction booklet. All I needed to add was 32 count linen and white perle cotton in #8 and #12.

 
The instructions and diagrams are good. I'm stitching in hand and so far I have completed part one – kloster block frame,

 
And part two – whitework square (eyelet surrounded by four sided stitch).

 
I hope to have more completed to show you tomorrow.

No comments: