We had some bananas that were too “done” for regular eating. They were the kind of overripe bananas that were perfect for making banana bread. Too bad we don’t have an oven! We do have a crock pot, so I looked up “crock pot banana bread” on the internet and found a recipe. We didn’t have all of the ingredients, but I thought I could make do. We didn’t have flour and sugar, but we had pancake mix that had flour and sugar as ingredients. We also had little packets of sugar that come with the yogurt, so I added a few of those. We didn’t have dark corn syrup, but we had maple syrup. We did have eggs and bananas.
It reminds me of a lesson I used in my English class about count and non-count nouns and when to use less and when to use fewer (count nouns get fewer, non-count get less). Nancy wanted to make an apple cake, but she didn’t have all the ingredients. She used less flour, fewer eggs, fewer raisins, less milk, etc. and the cake turned out terrible.
Back to the banana bread – it was heavy and not very sweet. The edges were rather well done. We ate it, but it wasn’t as good as banana bread should be. I should stick to stitching.
I did work on Butterfly and Blooms a bit yesterday. I made the grapevine curly q’s (couched wool) and finished the Queen Anne’s lace flowers (beads and French knots with one strand of floss).
I bought this hoop in the US on the recommendation of my friend Anne, but hadn’t used it until recently. I used it on the Japanese picture and Miss Kitty’s Dragons and now on this and I really like it. The outside has a ridge that fits into the inside and holds the fabric tight.
I didn’t like the butterfly that I had started in class so I started a new one and didn’t like it either. I had to put it aside for the time being.
There are two pansies in the piece, each with five petals done with long and short stitch in silk. I started one petal in class. I finished it and the two yellow petals and buttonhole stitched the wire for two more.