Tuesday, October 9, 2018

A New Place!

I lived in my first apartment in Shizuoka for two years and would probably still be living there if I hadn't found out about the construction problems and the no firewall issue.  When I found out about the construction code violations, I quickly and hastily moved and made a really bad choice.  There was a big window for sunlight and the water pressure was great but everything else about that apartment was really really bad, including the location.  I was resigned to put up with it because of the trouble and expense of moving again, but the straw that broke the camel's back was that I couldn't get wifi in the apartment.  One of my students was being transferred to the Tokyo office the first of October and moving out of her apartment.  I took that as a sign that it was time to move. She was happy with everything about the apartment and thought I would be also.


My new place is a building with just six apartments and it backs up to a little community or children's park. The apartment has a small balcony in the back. I look forward to sitting outside and drinking coffee. I need to get a laundry pole and some curtains.




Here are a few inside shots before the movers brought my things. It is much bigger, cleaner, newer, and brighter than the old place and there are many electrical outlets.







It is in a nice residential neighborhood and is only a 10 minute walk from the little local train station and about 30 minutes from the JR station. I think I will like it here.

13 comments:

Julie said...

It looks very cosy, I hope you'll be very happy and contented in your new home.

kiwikid said...

I hope the move goes well for you and you are very happy in the new place. It looks very nice.

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Great location next to a park. I see you look out into the tree tops!
I really like that green focal wall. I had carpet that color once and it matched everything. Great color.
I’m sure you will be happy here!

Queeniepatch said...

It looks very clean, airy and comfortable. What a change from the accommodation you once had in Kagawa!
I hope the wifi works so we can have lots of interesting blogs posts from you.

Ann said...

Ovine is difficult it this looks like a place one can really settle into. How nice to hear children’s laughter from the park. We enjoyed a place like that once.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela wishing you lots of happy memories in your new home.xx

Lin said...

Looks brilliant Pamela - hope you will be happy there. xx

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

It looks like a lovely home. I too dread moving, it’s such a chore and takes so much out of you! I hope you are able to make a home here soon.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I was thinking what everyone else said. It's really good that you know the person that lived there and know if all you have found lacking in prior apartments is solved with this move. The sun coming through the patio door gives a cheerful place and lots of light to stitch by. I think the kids in that park are going to be very entertaining too!
xx, Carol

Janie said...

I'm glad for you, wonderful!
I agree with Carol, the lighting looks great and good location.

Vireya said...

It looks lovely! Best wishes for happy times in your new home.

rosey175 said...

Congrats on the new place! A little balcony will be lovely to stitch by in the sunshine. I'd probably fall asleep more than once in a spot like that ahaha

Leonore Winterer said...

Congrats on the new apartment! It looks great, pretty spacious even.