Saturday, October 27, 2018

Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology

If you are in Nagoya, I highly recommend visiting this museum!  It's walking distance from the station, or you can take a bus.




It has two parts - the textile pavilion and the automotive pavilion.  There are tours in Japanese throughout the day and one English tour in each area a day.  I registered for both English tours, then wandered around on my own before the first tour began.  


My favorite thing was this big circular loom.










This section is called various textiles









The first tour was the textile tour.  The guide was very young and cute, but she also knew everything about the place. She was an excellent tour guide.






There was a short break between tours, and I again wandered around a bit.



To tell the truth, I really didn't think I would be as interested in the automotive tour, but I was wrong!  It was very interesting.




The name Toyoda was changed to Toyota.  One of the reasons was because "Toyoda" takes ten strokes, "Toyota" takes eight and eight is a lucky number.








These are just a few of the many photos I took.  It was a great museum and I really enjoyed the tours.

6 comments:

Vireya said...

That looks great! I would love the textiles, of course, but I think the automotive section also looks interesting.

The circular loom is an intriguing concept.

kiwikid said...

The circular loom is amazing, there are lots of beautiful fabrics there.

Julie said...

The textiles look lovely, what a big loom.
I like the ethos and guidelines they want people to live by.

Queeniepatch said...

Everything looks fantastic. I am sure I would have enjoyed a visit.

Janie said...

Thanks for sharing your photos, I'd enjoy that tour.
A good tour guide makes a difference.

Leonore Winterer said...

Looks like a very interesting museum. That big loom looks amazing!