Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Sunday Flea Market Adventure

On Sunday, the stitchers (and two husbands) did some flea market shopping and went out for lunch. 


First Flea Market 

This flea market is held the 28th of every month and we had been there together about a year and a half ago (read about it here). We had planned to go one time last summer when the 28th fell on a weekend, but a typhoon came through and changed our plans.



Happy basket purchases

Door decoration purchase



Many people were interested in a couple of standard poodles.  This is the first time I have seen the large poodles in Japan.  Miniature poodles are more popular here.



Shiba dogs are my favorite.




The Shrine 



Moss Head has found some friends.







Lunch  

I had cool soba and it was only 400 yen!




After lunch, we had more shopping to do!


Second Flea Market  

This one was at Gokoku Shrine.  I had been here before for a festival (read about it here). This flea market had a lot of interesting "fleas".  Some of these sellers seem to be professional flea market vendors.











My Purchases 

At the first flea market I bought these five bundles of Japanese fabric for 150 yen each - 750 yen total.


At the second flea market, I bought ten fabrics at 100 yen each - 1000 yen total.



I also bought two kimonos at 200 each - 400 yen total.



What a great day!

11 comments:

Radka said...

I like the settings, so much more interesting! It looks like a really great day out :-), nice fabrics too.
xx

Queeniepatch said...

What a perfect day, reason and company for an outing. You got yourself a bargain both at lunch and with your purchases. Are butterfly bags to be made?

Vireya said...

It would be fun to look around a flea market in another country. Looks like you and your stitching friends had a lovely day. Nice fabric bargains, too.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful markets..I guess miniature poodles are better for where people live, I like the Shiba dogs too. So many wonderful things to look at at the markets. Good to see moss head has some friends :-) Your fabric purchases look wonderful too. Looks like a great day out.

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

What a wonderful day out! It sounds like a lovely way to spend some time with your stitching friends.

Julie said...

A lovely day with your friends, great purchases you made. I do like the lovely baskets your friends got, so useful and you can never have enough baskets.

Denise :) said...

How fun! The Sheba dog has a smiley face! :) Lunch looked good -- kinda like pho? Both settings were lovely. I loved all the china/crockery at the second flea market, especially the blue dishes! If my info is correct, .0089 $ to ¥, your ten fabrics were about $8.90, or .89 per piece! Were those fat quarters? I thought fabric was so much more expensive overseas!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love to browse around a good flea market. I remember you post about going last year. You have a lovely day to be outside.
xx, Carol

rosey175 said...

What a fun set of markets. Glad you had a typhoon-free day! Are the kimono going to become butterflies or windows or table runners? :)

Leonore Winterer said...

What a fun outing for everyone! I love Shibas as well.

Jeanie said...

This looks like loads and loads of fun. Thanks for sending me the link -- I loved the photos of the displays and your purchases, too!