Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Work in Progress Wednesday - Cathedral Window Mug Rug

I started a new butterfly bag and worked on it a bit this week.  



My main project this week has been a new one - new technique and new project.  After reading about Queenie's Cathedral Window project, and seeing images and tutorials on the internet, I decided it was time to give it a try. With four 7x7 inch pieces of muslin and four 2x2 inch pieces of cotton print, I made this 6.25x6.25 inch thing to put my coffee cup on.  It's a little wonky, but it's okay.  


I think I have the hang of it and my next CW project will be better.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

It's too pretty to put a drippy coffee cup on! I've never tried cathedral windows - yours looks fabulous!

Lisa J. said...

I agree with Sarah. It's really beautiful and I think you did a great job.

Lin said...

Nice Cathedral Window - there are lots of nice variations that you can try and it's a great way of using special bits of fabric in the window bits. xx

Manuela said...

Looks great your Cathedral Window.

Queeniepatch said...

You work at such speed! Impressive result! I love the choice of 'stained glass'.

Janie said...

Good progress on your butterfly bag.
Your cathedral window piece is fabulous, I agree!
And you're going to make more!

kiwikid said...

Ery pretty butlterfly bag, your cathedral window piece looks too pretty to be a coffee mat, doesn't look wonky to me.

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

What a wonderful window! I really love it, I look forward to your next one!

Julie said...

It's beautiful, well done.

rosey175 said...

Great little window piece! You're brave to set coffee on it. I'd certainly manage a drip sometime hah

Leonore Winterer said...

I love your new project. I don't think I've ever heard of or seen this technique before.

FlashinScissors said...

I love your cathedral window, your fabrics are so pretty!
I’d never use it as a mug rug! Maybe a pouch for keeping a special treasure safe?
Lovely butterfly bag too!
Hugs,
Barbara xx