Tuesday, January 5, 2021

2021 - The Year of the Ox

 


The twelve zodiac animals originally came from China, but are now a part of Japanese and maybe other Asian cultures.  This is the year of the ox, or sometimes people say the cow. People born in the year of the ox are said to be diligent, dependable, strong, and determined and to have an honest and conservative nature.  They are also said to be strongly patriotic and have ideals and ambitions for life. If you were born in the year of the ox, do you think this describes you?


The ox years are 1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, and 2021. Famous people born in an ox year include Vincent Van Gogh, Walt Disney, Margaret Thatcher, and Barack Obama.

4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Your illustrations are beautiful, are they cut paper art?
I don't think there are any oxen in my family or circle of friends.

Jeanie said...

I'm not an Ox. I just have a body like one.

kiwikid said...

Interesting no Ox's were born in the 1950's.

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't think I know any oxen (at least not closely), so I can't really comment how accurate this is. But the picture of the zodiacs is lovely!