Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Bags: Inside Out

Although currently closed due to the pandemic, there is a gorgeous exhibit at the V&A until September 21, 2021, called Bags: Inside Out. You can see some of the exhibition highlights at that link.  One of my favorites is this French handbag from about 1910. I love all the little sections, with places for everything.



I've never been one to carry a purse, but in Japan, I always carry a little backpack.  I walk everywhere, so I have to carry things for work and groceries and other stuff. 


I like to make bags and I make a lot of them. Here are a few of my favorites.











6 comments:

diamondc said...

Pamrla: I do like the French bag, I hope things open up and you are able to attend the exhibit.
I saw on tv last evening that Japan is having the summer Olympics, I am so excited that they are going ahead and doing so.
Nice assortment of bags they are all lovely.

Catherine

Vireya said...

You have made lots of lovely bags.

I wonder if the V&A bags exhibit will tour? The gallery in Bendigo (Australia) has shown some previous V&A fashion exhibitions, so maybe the bags will be there too in a couple of years. I'd love to see it.

Queeniepatch said...

The bag is fantastic, as are yours.

We do tend to carry a lot of things, so bags are a good way to fit everything into one place. The disadvantage is that once a bag snatcher snatches your bag you lose EVERYTHING. Have your possessions spread out in pockets (like many men do) and you will be robbed of only one item, if you are lucky.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful collection of bags.

Ann said...

All these bags are delightful. I hadn't considered how great it would be to have each object you need in its own fitted section of a purse. This one is perfect for a night at the theater. Yours showcase your love of handwork. So many textures and colors and details. Thanks for sharing.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm more of a 'throw everything in there, then search your wallet for ten minutes' girl, so that French bag fascinates me! Some of your bags are way prettier, though.