Sunday, January 3, 2021

Hatsuhinode - First Sunrise of the New Year

Friday morning I got up at 4 am, so that I could walk about an hour and a half from my apartment to Miho Matsubara to see the first sunrise of the year. Watching the first sunrise is one of the lucky things to do in Japan. (Blogger is not letting me load the photos in the order I want,  sorry). 


There were a lot of people, but the beach area is big, so I was able to keep my distance from others. There were families and dogs and groups of friends. Some people were taking photos with tripods, others with phones.  There were campfires and people with blankets. I walked around and saw Mt. Fuji and the waves and the sunrise.  It was an amazing way to spend the first morning of the year.































9 comments:

jacaranda said...

Beautiful and stunning sunrise and photography.

Anonymous said...

we're in the middle of a monsoon here that won't let up for a week or so.....

thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures--some of my favorite things: water, Mt. Fuji, sunrise. Fabulous!

Len
south of soggy Seattle

Vireya said...

What a beautiful experience! And a lovely tradition. Too bad I didn't know about it before, as I was up before sunrise that day. Not that I could have captured anything as delightful as Mt Fuji in the early morning light!

Ann said...

What a wonderful start to the new year. When I was in California, we sometimes watched the sunset on NYE. Same sun but different meanings - ending and beginning. Best wishes to you and yours for this new year.

Julie said...

Spectacular, what a sight.
Warmest wishes for 2021

kiwikid said...

What a beautiful way to start the new year.

Jeanie said...

That is such a wonderful tradition to do with others! I loved that -- and the wonderful views, too.

Queeniepatch said...

I was snuggly tucked up in bed when you were on the beach. Beautiful views and a fresh start for the new year. Good to see that Mt Fuji has put on its cap of snow.

Leonore Winterer said...

Seeing the sun rise is always a very special experience. I don't manage to get up early enough often, though!