Thursday, May 5, 2022

Kamakura - Hasedera Temple

On Monday, I took the train to Kamakura in Kanagawa Prefecture, arriving around nine am. There are many temples and they are spread out, so I tried to make a plan to get to some of them, but things don't always go to plan - more on that another day.



The first place I visited was Hasedera Temple. It is a beautiful, peaceful place, and seems to be all uphill (like almost everything in Japan). The admission fee is 400 yen and well worth it!






























This shrine is in a cave. When you first go in, you can stand, but soon after you have to bend over and it is dark, so I didn't take any photos inside.







9 comments:

SUWA said...

I long for visiting to Kamakura.Thank you for your many photos! They're beautiful and surrounded by green.

Queeniepatch said...

Hasedera is such a beautiful place, with lots of interesting things to see. I don't think I have ever visited at this time of the year with all the FRESH greenery around. I am surprised to see so few people!

Toki said...

I am surprised that are few people.😲And you visited Kamakura on a sunny and nice day.☀

In Japan, even green things are sometimes called blue.
The leaves are lush.
The combination of temples and trees is very good.🌿

Thank you for posting a lot of photos.

jacaranda said...

On our last visit, we caught the train and visited this beautiful temple. I would love to visit when the hydrangeas are flowering. Perhaps next time.

Vireya said...

That looks so beautiful! It looks like you had a perfect day for the visit. The lush spring green is so lovely. The tiers of stone monks are interesting.

Jeanie said...

I'm pretty sure we didn't see this in Kamakura and I wish we had. It's so beautiful. I'm intrigued that the shrine is in a cave! Wonderful photos, every one.

kiwikid said...

Another beautiful place to visit, it looks like a calm, restful place.

Leonore Winterer said...

Such a lovely, peaceful place. I'd enjoy sitting by that koi pond and stitch for a while but think it might be frowned upon!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Such a wonderful place to visit. What do all the monks on the stairs depict?
xx, Carol