Thursday, April 6, 2023

Kanazawa City

After visiting Komatsu Castle Ruins, I continued to my next destination, Kanazawa.  This is the modern train station there. 






Kanazawa Station at night




What do you think this is?  If you guessed Tourist Information, you guessed right. Some things I can't explain why.




From the train station, I walked to the hotel where I would stay the next two nights, the Square Hotel Kanazawa. 


The breakfast buffet was included and there were many tempting choices. This is what I chose both mornings. 




This helmet was next to the hotel elevator on the first floor.  It was something to look at but not touch, while waiting.




After eating breakfast on day three of my holiday trip, I headed out in the direction of the Kanazawa Castle.



The sign about the Christian missionary residences was next to this road with the guard, but I don't know if the road leads to the residences or if that road is something different.




This is another odd thing I happened upon.  The man with the gloves climbed up on the car to hang the Brunch sign.  I wondered if it was proper to hang a sign advertising a restaurant below the fire hydrant sign.







There was much more to see and do in Kanazawa - a castle, a garden, a tradional crafts museum, a shrine, the samurai village and museums. That will wait for another day.

7 comments:

Vireya said...

I didn't know what to guess, but tourist information never crossed my mind!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Pamela what a wonderful place to visit ,the train station was lovely I loved the flowers in between the seats a lovely idea ,hope you have a lovely day 🌹🤍🌹

DUTA said...

Thanks for taking us along your interesting castle and train station tours.

Toki said...

The large Torii monument
at Kanazawa station is wonderful. I have never seen it at night. Thank you for the nice photo.
The Sumo wrestler in the photo is from Kanazawa, so they may be rooting for them.
I like the breakfast you chose.

diamondc said...

Hi Pamela: I love the structures amazing shape, the garden planters are also interesting.
I am a fan of Sumo, I read a while back that years ago they were not large like they are now, saw photos of the wrestlers, its an amazing difference.
I am not sure if you could hand a sign on government property like they did with the brunch sign, here it would be taken down by law enforcement.
Interesting information on the Christian Missionaries.
The helmet is beautiful.

Catherine

Jeanie said...

Those flower boxes are great -- and the guy on the car is -- well, either brave or stupid, I can't decide which! It looks like a terrific hotel and breakfast. I'll look forward to hearing more!

Leonore Winterer said...

The entrance to the station looks a little like a modern take on those giant temple gates you see - very interesting!