Saturday, April 29, 2023

Golden Week 2023

In Japan, there is a holiday week the beginning of May. With back to back holidays, many people take the opportunity to travel. I have nine consecutive days free from my job, starting today. I'm not planning to travel away from home this year, I'm still trying to avoid crowds. I plan to stay home and visit local museums, as well as do some stitching. I have visited most of the museums in my plan, but some of them were five or six years ago. Others have new exhibits since I last visited, so it will be like visiting a new museum. I will post about the museums afterwards.


On the stitching plan, are several projects.  I ordered some quilt batting online and hope to get the house quilt pin basted (and maybe start the actual quilting).  Remember this one ---




It would be great to get this one finished before wintertime. 


I also want to look at the projects that are in the works and see if I can get any of them closer to being finished.  Lately, I seem to be the queen of new starts. 


How does my Golden Week plan sound?  What would you do if you had nine consecutive days free?

6 comments:

Toki said...

This year’s Golden Week has no corona restrictions, so many people are going out.
I don't go out at this time of year because everywhere I go is crowded.😰

diamondc said...

Pamela: Your quilt is lovely, I am so in love with the corner homes, perfect colors.
I would be reading and relaxing with a cup of coffee and stitching in between.

Catherine

Queeniepatch said...

I forgot to say I like the house flimsy and look forward to seeing it as a puffy quilt on your bed!
Queenie

Queeniepatch said...

If I had nine consecutive days to spend as I like, I'd make bicycle trips with homemade packed lunches. I'd do some house cleaning and sort out unnecessary things, stitch and search the b§web for new stitches, watch some DVDs or YouTube movies....
Alas, I've got work almost every day.
Queenie

Jeanie said...

I love the Golden Week concept -- nine days free. Wow! I love your quilt and the idea of staying in and working on projects. I haven't really traveled in so long I'm not sure what I'd do -- but I'd love whatever it is to be "someplace else!"

Leonore Winterer said...

Nine free days to stitch and roam about sounds like heaven! I got some time off scheduled in June. We'll probably visit with family, spent a couple days in a quiet hotel somewhere to relax, and then use all that new energy to tackle projects around the house!