first hexagon epp project was to be the hexagon pouch in Jessica’s Quilt on the Gobook. I last posted
about it here . After getting the
hexagons put together, I put it aside and started working on the blue hexagons
for the quilt and forgot all about the pouch. I pulled it out again and was able to
finish it in a relatively short amount of time. I quilted along the seam lines
by hand, then squared it off with the rotary cutter.I added the blue binding by hand and two
snaps and it is finished.It’s not
exactly the cute pouch from the book because I didn’t read the directions.(The hexagons I used were of a larger size.)
I’m happy with it anyway.I love the look of
the Japanese fabrics, even though they were difficult to use on this project.
Maybe I’ll make another pouch.Maybe I’ll
wait to start it until after the quilt piecing is done.We’ll see.
only tried the 26 mm size hexagons so far, but plan to venture into different
sizes and shapes in the future.I
especially want to try working with the teeny tiny hexagons.Check out Susie's very tiny English paper piecinghere.