Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Finishing the Sampler Bag

I have loved working on this project!  It only took about a week and a half start to finish, but I have to say some of those days I worked on it all day long and into the evening.

To line the purse, I used a piece of this kimono sleeve.


 
I used a thin layer of batting between the lining and the stitched fabric.

I put the layers together, then added a beaded edge.  I made a piece of twisted cord with DMC perle #5 in color 518 for the inside edge. I put two snaps to keep the bag closed. 





I am thoroughly pleased with my new little hand bag.

18 comments:

Margaret said...

Well done! I love the colour of the lining fabric. Amazing that you completed this in just over a week :-)

sharonb said...

It is a wonderful sampler bag - I really like it!

Faeryfay said...

Beautiful stitching!

Monica said...

A beautiful bag with gorgeous lining. Well done!

Queeniepatch said...

The idea of putting sample stitches on ticking and then turning it into this stylish bag - with a lovely lining, is great. How did you add the beaded trim?

Manuela said...

A wonderful sampler bag.

Greetings, Manuela

Thoeria said...

How gorgeous is that! A very clever and cute idea!

jackiescrafts said...

Wow this so gorgeous
Jackie x

Bear said...

So beautiful, love the lining material,

Von said...

I love it!! Such a great finishing idea. :)

Cathy said...

What a lovely and creative piece you have created! Congratulations!

Renee said...

Your stitching is so intricate. The bag turned out gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

So colorful, and the lining makes me smile!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Wow - your hand bag is so beautifully stitched and colourful. What a wonderful project and your embroidery is fantastic.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Wow - very beautifully stitched and so nice and colourful.

Marci said...

Beautiful bag.

Aussie Jo said...

Lovely bag, what a great way to display your stitches

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Congratulations on the DMC Feature! Your bag is so beautiful, unique and striking :) A wonderful way to experiment with embroidery stitches and use up bits and pieces of special threads and trims. Lovely work!