Saturday, April 19, 2014

Stitching with Friends

I stitch with two little groups each week.  On Friday afternoons I stitch with another English teacher from the university.  We compare notes on our classes and students while we stitch.  Sometimes we work on hexagon paper pieced flowers and I was happy to hear she is teaching this to her neighbor. This week, she worked on a cross stitch fob and I worked on my moon dragon. 

 
There are four of us in the other group, but one had a baby recently and is taking a little break from stitching.  We are all working on canvas knot gardens.



 
It’s not the same as my stitch groups in the US were, but nothing here in Japan is the same.   I am happy to have stitching friends.

3 comments:

Sun City Stitcher said...

Glad you found some friends to stitch with!!

Anonymous said...

such beautiful stitching

Queeniepatch said...

Lucky you to have found friends to stitch with.