Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The Summer of No Festivals

Because of the pandemic, this is the summer of no festivals in Japan. Actually, I think it's the Year of no festivals.  Here are but a few photos and links to Festivals Past.


Yabusame Festival




Minato Festival Fireworks



Mochi Festival




Sapporo Snow Festival



Summer Festival


Munich Festival


Half Year Festival



Sapporo Yosakoi Souran Matsuri



Karigane Festival

Winter Lantern Festival

Summer Lantern Festival



Fire Walking Festival


If you are interested in Japanese Festivals, you can find links to more of them here. I do hope to be attending more festivals in the future!



6 comments:

Jeanie said...

You have wonderful festivals! They're so very visual and your photos are terrific!

kiwikid said...

This is a year of normal things not happening isn't it, I am sure the festival's will return once it is safe to do so.

Vireya said...

2020 is the year of cancellations!

Queeniepatch said...

Most festivals in Japan have a long history and will be back in full swing once the pandemic is over. You have already been to a good variety of festivals and by looking at the photographs I am sure you can 'relive' them.

jacaranda said...

I would love to attend the snow festivals. I read that Japan also has Christmas markets like in Europe. Your festivals will return, it has certainly been an uneventful year.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm sure you are missing your usual summer activities, I know I am!