Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Work In Progress Wednesday - a Snowman and a Map

Is it Wednesday again already?  The days are so much alike when I go nowhere but to work.  This week I put a few more colorful stitches into the Snowman Flapper ornament.



My main project for the week was the USA map. There will be a lot of backstitching later.   If you are not from the US, you might be wondering about all of the letters.  Each of the 50 states has a two letter abbreviation.



I would like to stitch a map of Japan, but I've not seen a chart for it. Does anyone know of a source for one?  


Update! Thank you Miranda for the links.  When I looked at the first one, I realized I have that chart - it was a chart I received from Lynley in New Zealand.  I didn't know it was a map of Japan - duh! As soon as I finish this US map, I will begin working on the cute Japan map.  Thank you, Lynley for the chart.  It's about time I get to stitching it.



5 comments:

Miranda said...

I found these two on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/555188736/japan-cross-stitch-pattern-printable-pdf
https://www.etsy.com/listing/570569473/cross-stitch-pattern-japan-map

In case either suits your fancy. :)

kiwikid said...

Thank you for the explanation, I did wonder! :-)

Jeanie said...

Someone with your skill could make a pattern by copying a map the right size, cut it out, using fabric marker trace around it, and carefully divide into prefectures by "cutting them off" the paper one by one and adding your lines with your marker to the canvas. Then by hand add in things like cherry blossoms or other landmark symbols.

The US looks like a big project but a fun one.

Janie said...

I enjoy seeing your progress. Beautiful stitching and projects.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on both, and I am looking forward to seeing you stitch up a map of Japan as well!